Tasty Tuesday: Creamy Lemon Shrimp
Creamy Lemon Shrimp
Tofu noodles replace pasta, so you don’t need to boil water. Plus, this comforting dish offers nearly one third of your day’s calcium, via the yogurt and broccoli.
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 pound cooked shrimp (any size)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 bag (8 oz) tofu noodles, rinsed and drained (found in the Asian section of grocery store)
Place yogurt, sour cream, chives, tarragon, garlic, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Zest lemons over bowl. Juice 1 lemon into bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add shrimp, broccoli, arugula and noodles. Toss to coat and serve with remaining lemon, cut into wedges, if desired.
The skinny: 218 calories per serving 4.9 g fat (1.8 g saturated), 17 g carbs, 3.9 g fiber, 28.8 g protein
Have you ever cooked with tofu noodles?
This entry was posted in Health, Nutrition, Tasty Tuesday. Bookmark the permalink.